Click on photos to ENLARGE and then hit the back arrow to return to the post.
I hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s Eve celebration.…. saying goodbye to the old year and welcoming in the new year.
You now have 365 days of blank pages for the next chapter in your life and I hope it is your best year yet.
Bob and I had a small celebration filled with friends, finger food, and fun, watching the ball drop on TV and welcoming in the New Year 2023.
We enjoyed a variety of hors d’oeuvres and shrimp cocktail plus an assortment of different styles of chicken wings and some chips and dips – strictly fingers foods.
Included in some of my finger foods was a favorite recipe of mine for a 5 ingredient “Apple Jalapeno Chicken Wings” which is so delicious and easy with the help of a jar of jelly from Stonewall Kitchen and a little bourbon.
I wanted to repost the recipe (see below). I hope you give it a try.
And of course, we had to end the night with Prosecco and an Italian cheesecake- simply delicious. A little denser than a NY Cheesecake and has the flavor of anisette.
I hope your celebration was the start to a healthy, happy, and prosperous year to follow…… stay well!
Until my next post, make every day a celebration!
Apple Jalapeno Chicken Wings
This is a 5 ingredient recipe that I learned how to make back in 2014 when I took a cooking class at the Stonewall Kitchen headquarters in Maine. Simply delicious and works for a barbecue, Superbowl, or any time you need an easy delicious chicken wing recipe. I hope you try it and enjoy it.
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Apple Jalapeno Jelly
- ½ cup water
- ¼- ½ cup bourbon (I used 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- In a food processor, puree the Stonewall Kitchen Apple Jalapeno Jelly.
- In a large skillet place the Stonewall Kitchen Apple Jalapeno Jelly, water, bourbon, and butter over medium heat. When melted stir until uniform.
- Add the chicken wings. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for another 30 minutes, turning the wings several times. The sauce should thicken, but do not allow it to burn.
- Remove wings and finish under the broiler until golden brown. Serve hot with reserved sauce from a skillet.
ALWAYS a beautiful tablescape !
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Happy New Year!
Looks like a wonderful celebration, Diane. Wishing you a very Happy and healthy New Year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much. Have a very Happy New year and many blessings to you in 2023.