Happy Halloween Weekend!
I decided to spread the Halloween Holiday throughout the weekend since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year so I am starting out with “Pumpkin Muffins” for our Saturday breakfast.
Of course, we don’t count the extra calories of the whipped cream and sprinkles on a holiday because after all, we have to decorate and celebrate.
This is a recipe that is a compilation of a few pumpkin muffin recipes that I have tried over the years and this is my final draft. I hope you give this recipe a try. (I sometimes add pumpkin seeds into the batter).
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 can 15 oz 100% pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (OR vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- pumpkin seeds added to the batter (optional)
Cooks Note: How to Properly Measure Flour
- Fluff the flour with a fork
- Use a spoon to scoop the flour into your measuring cup
- Use a butter knife to level off the flour in the measuring cup
Scooping the measuring cup straight into the bag or canister of flour will result in too much flour being packed into the cup, which can result in dry muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place 12 paper baking liners into each well of a standard size cupcake pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, and the next 7 dry ingredients (In italics above in the recipe). Whisk together to combine and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir to combine with a spatula or mixer on low for 30 seconds.
- Por the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined into a batter. Do not over mix. (ADD pumpkin seeds now if using and combine).
- Fill the liners to the top with batter. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan.
Until my next post, make every day a celebration!
Please ask your family and friends to “follow”, “like” and “share” DishingwithDiane.com
Once you become a member, you’ll never miss a post…
Also, continue to send me your comments, I love hearing from you.