I just had to share this recipe that I found the other day while looking for some new side dishes. I am always changing my recipe ingredients and experimenting with new flavors and I came across this recipe that intrigued me.
“Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites”.
I have used cauliflower to make tater tots and General Tso’s “chicken” in the past and posted it to the blog, but this was another way with cauliflower that I never tried before.
(Here is the link for my previous cauliflower recipes)
Since this recipe caught my attention, I felt it was the perfect side dish to go along with some chicken, rice and black bean enchiladas that I made for dinner last night. I absolutely loved the result.
(Sorry only one photo but I didn’t plan on making this a blog post since it is not my original recipe).
I loved the Cauliflower Buffalo Bites so much that I had to share with all of you immediately so you could try it too. And kudos to the author, Dani Spies, she is brilliant.
The recipe is easy and tasty and comes together in very little time.
The cauliflower bites were a little too spicy for Bob between the spices in the batter and the Buffalo hot wing sauce, so remember that if someone in your family is not a lover of spicy to tone it down a little.
Next time, I will have to cut the spice level down for Bob to really enjoy them, but I loved every bite with the original ingredients.
I am a lover of spicy foods and this recipe was fantastic for me.
This is a great party food for the vegetarians on your guest list that can’t have Buffalo Hot Wings and it makes a nice presentation.
Plus, it’s baked and not fried which helps with the calories and the clean up. I added some celery and carrot sticks and a little ranch dressing as another layer to our meal to complete the traditional Buffalo style.
The recipe is from “Dani Spies” and she has various you-tube videos showing her creations. I find her to be fun and entertaining and this recipe is a keeper for sure. So, thank you Dani for this fabulous recipe….
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites-
courtesy of Dani Spies
Course: DIET, DINNER, snacks + starters
Cuisine: American, Super Bowl, vegan, vegetarian
Prep Time-10 mins Cook Time 30 mins -Total Time 40 mins
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I used Franks
- 1 tbsp. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika and stir until smooth. Add in cauliflower and stir gently until florets are evenly coated with batter.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with some cooking spray. Be sure the pan is not over crowded (use two pans if needed). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- In a separate bowl combine hot sauce and melted butter. Pour evenly over the cauliflower and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Pop bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to crisp up. Serve with carrots, celery and blue cheese dressing.
Until my next post, make every day a celebration!
Please ask your family and friends to “follow”, “like” and “share” DishingwithDiane.com
Once you become a member, you’ll never miss a post…
Also, continue to send me your comments, I love hearing from you.