Since yesterday’s response to the apple cider donuts was so overwhelming I decided to reach into the archives and take out some additional FALL favorite recipes.
The first recipe is for Caramel Apple Cupcakes…. The same great flavor of the caramel apples we had as kids with less of a chance of knocking out a tooth (always a plus when having dessert).
I had this recipe for years and have been making them every Halloween. Made with both apples and applesauce they stay very moist. This is a cupcake you need to bake at least once. I can’t take credit for the recipe, but it was a great and appreciated find.
And to go along with these luscious cupcakes I have also included a recipe for Hot Mulled Apple Cider.
This combination is a definite winner.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Courtesy of Momontimeout.com
Prep Time – 10 mins Cook Time- 25 mins Total Time 35 mins
There is no better way to usher in fall than with these delicious Caramel Apple Cupcakes. Moist cupcakes loaded with apples and applesauce for double the apple flavor. A decadent caramel frosting top them off beautifully.
Course: Dessert Servings: 12 cupcakes Calories: 244 kcal Author: Trish – Mom On Timeout
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce OR vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apple Rome, Granny Smith, or other baking apple or combination of two varieties
- 1 11 oz bag of caramels
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment baking liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Stir in the shredded apples.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 minutes. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Spoon frosting onto the top of cooled cupcakes and spread. You want a nice thick layer. If the caramel starts to thicken, microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power, stir, and spread on cupcakes.
- Popsicle sticks are optional
Hot Mulled Apple Cider
Courtesy of Tonkcats at Genius Kitchen
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks(3 inch)
- 2 quarts apple cider
- orange wedge
- 1 whole cloves
- Combine brown sugar, allspice, 1 teaspoon cloves, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and apple cider in large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain to remove spices.
- Serve in mugs with clove-studded orange wedges.
Until my next post, enjoy your Fall treats and remember, Make every day a celebration!
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Ask your family and friends to share, like, comment and join DishingwithDiane.com and become part of the family!
Once you become a member, you’ll never miss a post.
Also, continue to send me your comments and emails, I Love hearing from you.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior written permission. Thank you!