I was just going through some of my recipes for some Autumn dinner ideas and I came across one of my all time favorites- Stuffed Peppers. I decided to share this easy recipe with you. I hope you try making these peppers at home and enjoy them.
PS- they can be frozen too
1 ½ lbs. ground turkey or beef (seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 medium onion –sliced
3 garlic cloves –minced
6 bell peppers- whole
3 (any color combo) bell peppers for FILLING–diced in bite size pieces after seeds and membranes are removed
3 TBSP olive oil
2-3 cans “no salt” 8 oz. tomato sauce …(3 cans will make it juicier)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
4 TBSP plus of grated cheese
8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
- Cut the tops from 6 green peppers; discard the seeds and the membranes, (Tops can be saved for presentation or diced into filling).
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 6 minutes; invert to drain well
- Start to prepare the rice in either a steamer or stovetop
- In another saucepan over medium low heat, add the olive oil
- Allow the oil to heat up for a few minutes and then add the diced peppers and onions, a pinch of salt and cook for approx. 7 minutes stirring occasionally to soften
- Add the minced garlic to the peppers and onions and cook for 1 more minute
- Add the seasoned ground meat and cook until no longer pink- separate the meat into bite size pieces with the back of a wooden spoon
- Once the meat is browned add the 2-3 cans of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 TBSP of grated cheese
- Allow this to cook on a lower temperature for 15-20 minutes with the cover ON until the sauce is done
- Add the cooked rice, mix well and add the remaining grated cheese
- Stuff the peppers with this mixture and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes to melt the cheese then serve
Depending on the size of your peppers, you will have leftover filling for a quick lunch the next day.
Peppers can be served with additional grated cheese.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Please spread the word and ask your family and friends to become members.
Follow me on facebook or follow the blog directly from the DishingwithDiane.com website.
Once you become a member, you’ll never miss a post…
Go and spread the word…
And please continue to send me your comments, I love hearing from you.
Diane, you had me at easy. I’ve never made stuffed peppers or had them but will try this Thank you for sharing
LikeLiked by 1 person
You never had a stuffed pepper? You need to live with me for a little while. I’ll cook for you.
Looks great Diane, as usual.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Toni, you can make this- trust me.
Looks easy and delicious!
Janet, you have to try them. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Pingback: Cauliflower Rice Veggie Stir Fry & Black Bean Stuffed Peppers … | Dishing With Diane